Friday 8 August 2014

Popup Paris WizzNadine Diamond Candle

This week has been a bit of an exciting one around where I live.  You may have seen on the news that a diamond was launched "into space" with a helium balloon, which then popped and landed on the ground.  It formed a finders keepers treasure hunt for the diamond, housed in a small, steel box, and it landed within a five mile radius of where I actually live.  Queue the excitement, constant calls from my sister giving me updates, and me wishing it just happened to land in my back garden - did I mention it's worth £12000?  Well...I haven't found it, and as far as I'm aware nobody has, but I might not need to look far for a diamond as I have this.  (Believe me...you'd know if I'd found it!)


This is a Popup Paris candle!  I actually got this candle as a Christmas gift from Liam, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I actually lit it.  It was safely stored in a drawer ready for when we got our house together, which at the time, I didn't think would have been this quickly!  Popup is a brand that I have only ever seen on Firebox, but after reading up on their website, they are a company led by two young men who seem to be full of fun - just have a read of the Popup About page!  One from a family of diamond merchants, and the other from a family of financiers.

I have the scent WizzNadine (was listed as Grenadine when Liam bought it!) and I have to say it smells absolutely beautiful, and I'm so pleased that Liam chose it.  He did really well, considering he bought it blind online!  It smells really sweet, yet a bit powdery - kind of like Love Hearts!  It's light, and sweet but doesn't overpower the room.  I think when lit it's almost a subtle hint of fresh sweetness.  On the website, it's described as "mouth watering, and mischievous" and "its sweet fragrance will bring you everlasting moments of tenderness!"  Not totally convinced on that one...but nevermind!

The Popup candles are extra special, because one in fifty contain a diamond which could be worth a £1000 depending on which size you get!  Mine is a small version which cost £19.99 - it's really small, so gets lit rarely, but it also comes in a large version which costs an almighty £49.99.  I haven't found a diamond in my candle just yet...it won't be a £12000 diamond, but if that one doesn't turn up under my nose, here's hoping for one hidden in my living room!

Have you tried Popup candles?  Have you ever found a prize in a candle?

No comments:

Post a Comment