Thursday 27 February 2014

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Back Spray

Todays post might not be relevant for everybody, but this is just too good to not share!  When I was in school, I definitely had spots on my face, but I wouldn't call my facial blemishes acne.  They were there, but I could cope and now it's just a small blemish every so often.  My back however is another story completely.  In fact, if I could have one wish to change something about myself, I'd choose to get a nice, new back.

I have regular spots which appear on my back, mostly at the top around my neck and shoulder blades, and have beyond awful scarring which makes it hard for me to feel comfortable showing skin on that area.  I have to watch what tops and dresses I am buying, as I'm just not confident getting my back out.

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Back Spray Review Back Acne Treatment

During a particularly bad break out, I started scouring the internet again for something that might be able to help me and came across the Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Back Spray.  It is described as a "non-greasy back spray which contains antibacterial Tea Tree Oil, and skin calming Witch Hazel."  It also contains Salicylic Acid, which is great for treating acne as it encourages the shedding of skin, which in turn helps to clear pores and reduce breakouts.

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Back Spray Review

I have tried so many different things to try and clear my back up, including prescribed lotions and tablets but nothing seems to work.  Who knew that a £4.99 spray would help!  I am so pleased, it's really cleared up my back and has reduced the number of spots as well as reduced the redness of those lingering, and I'll definitely be buying this again.

I've got into a routine of using this in the morning, before the gym and in the evening after a shower or bath when I have a bad outbreak.  When my spots have cleared, I use this just once or twice a day as I found that the Salicylic Acid dried out my skin and made the top of my shoulders quite itchy so you need to be careful.

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Back Spray Review Back Acne Treatment

The spray is really light and dries really quickly - it's not one of those sprays that completely drenches you and is a really nice, fine mist.  One downside is that I find it difficult to spray this all over my back by myself, so Liam often has to step in to assist on areas that I might not be able to reach, but it's a small price to pay for such a good product.

I'd love to see some sort of serum or body moisturiser be released from this range so that there is a little extra protection.  This spray is currently included in a three for two promotion, so if you want to try the Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Back Spray, now is your chance - I'd completely recommend it!

Have you tried this?  What are you top spot fighters?

No comments:

Post a Comment